Get into your body + out of your head!
Join us for a dance/movement journey through a broad range of genres and tempos. Ecstatic Dance DC is a community space connected to a global network of similar dance floors. The music and the intentional way we gather is what makes this experience unique and transformative!
// Tickets at door only //
8:30pm --- Doors open
8:45pm --- DJ set with Atticus
10:15pm --- Closing circle
First time to an Ecstatic Dance? Here's an introduction to what we're about:
Ecstatic Dance is a community gathering for people who want to express themselves in a playful and artistic space with other people who value connection, movement, and great music! We hold a nonverbal, barefoot, alcohol-free container to keep the journey intentional and lucid. You can dance the night away and still wake up early to do awesome stuff in the world!
The music is dynamic and varied so you can explore creative ways to move. We’re all about the movement sans alcohol and nightclub vibes. We encourage participants to utilize the Ecstatic Dance space as a laboratory for creativity, unbridled self-expression, authentic connections and a healthy dose of sweat.
1. No talking on the dance floor
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
4. Respect for the space and for one another
5. Move your body however you wish!
6. You can dance alone, or with partners. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
2. Water and a water bottle. You can refill it at the venue.
See you there!