Get into your body + out of your head!
Join us for a dance/movement journey through a broad range of genres and tempos. Ecstatic Dance DC is a community space connected to a global network of similar dance floors. The music and the intentional way we gather is what makes this experience unique and transformative!
2:30pm --- Yoga with Atticus (bring your mat!)
3:30pm --- DJ set with Atticus
Drum circle intermission
5:00pm —- DJ set with Lola Villa
6:15pm --- closing circle + treats!
First time to an Ecstatic Dance? Here's an introduction to what we're about:
Ecstatic Dance is a community gathering for people who want to express themselves in a playful and artistic space with other people who value conscious connection, movement, and great music!
We create a dance/movement space that is inspiring and uplifting, without talking, alcohol or nightclub vibes. We encourage participants to utilize the Ecstatic Dance space as a laboratory for creative movement, unbridled self-expression, authentic connections and a healthy dose of sweat.
We hold a nonverbal, barefoot, alcohol-free container to keep the journey intentional and lucid. You can dance the night away and still wake up early to do awesome stuff in the world!
1. No talking on the dance floor
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
4. Respect for the space and for one another
5. Move your body however you wish!
6. You can dance alone, or with partners. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
2. Water and a water bottle. You can refill it at the venue.
See you there!